12.14.2007

See and be seen

Citysearch.com posted a list of the top 10 new restaurants and bars in Seattle today. Now I consider myself somewhat of a girl about town -- I made it a personal rule at the beginning of this year to avoid eating a chain restaurants whenever possible in favor of local, more unique choices -- but I am ashamed to admit that I've only been to ONE place on both lists combined. (And it's the TapHouse Grill, which is more of a restaurant. And I've only been to the one in Bellevue...so I don't think that really counts. Anyway...)

I know, right?! Crazy.

So, to use a very cliched and cheesy Christmas metaphore ('tis the season, right?), I've made my list -- or, rather, let Citysearch do it for me -- and I'll be checking it not twice, but multiple times until I've made my way through both. (Yes, I'll even vow to make it to Georgetown, even thought that neighborhood's not really my thing...)

If you're curious (and too lazy to click on the link above), here they are:

Top 10 New Restaurants:
  1. Cafe Presse
  2. Tavolata
  3. Steelhead Diner
  4. Volunteer Park Cafe and Marketplace
  5. Matt's in the Market
  6. Osteria la Spiga
  7. Betty Restaurant and Bar
  8. Calamity Jane's
  9. TASTE Restaurant
  10. Skillet Street Food
Top 10 New Bars:
  1. Cha Cha Lounge
  2. Oliver's Twist
  3. Smith
  4. The Local Vine
  5. Copper Gate
  6. Georgetown Liquor Company
  7. Venik Lounge
  8. BottleNeck Lounge
  9. TapHouse Grill
  10. Verve Wine Bar

No comments: