10.01.2007

HOLY FREAKING CRAP

Let me start off by saying that I'm not one of those prissy girls that freaks out at the sight of anything, well, unsightly. I can kill spiders and clean toilets with the best of 'em. And let me continue by saying that I'm also not one of those girls who depends on people (men) to do the dirty work for her (again with the spiders and the toilets). But today, oh man. I was both.

There was a mouse in my car. IN MY CAR!!!

Thank God he made himself seen while my sister was driving. Better her than me I guess. But you should have heard how hysterical she was. Probably about as hysterical as I would have been if I was driving along and looked over to see a mouse chilling on the passenger side floor.

So she drives straight to my apartment and I come out to meet her armed with rubber gloves, tongs and a large spoon. I couldn't even look at the thing, and she was still way too freaked out to even get within five feet of the car. So after making a few unsuccessful phone calls ("Please please please come get this rodent out of my car!"), I had to take matters into my own hands. My weapon of choice was the big spoon -- and the gloves of course. Needless to say I threw the spoon away. And the mouse? Safely in the ivy in front of my building. As gross as it was, I didn't have the heart to fling him across the street like I'd originally intended to do.

It's times like these that I REALLY could have used a nice, manly man boyfriend for mouse excavation duties...



P.S. The wedding this weekend? We had fun. Yeah...I've got a little (big?) crush on Mr. Groomsman. Currently trying to figure out what witty opener I'll use when I email him tomorrow. And I'm SO over-analyzing the situation. Which I NEVER do. Ugh. And again, wish me luck.

No comments: