1.25.2008

You MUST add this to your blogroll

I don't know about you guys, but I'm all for finding new and interesting ways to waste time at work...especially on Fridays. So I was super pleased when a friend of mine introduced me to Jennsylvania, a blog by writer Jen Lancaster. Jen's also written a couple of books (which I will be running to Barnes & Noble today during my lunch break to purchase), and the titles alone should give you a pretty good idea of her fabulously snarky and cynical-but-hilarious style:

Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, or Why You Should Never Carry a Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office

and

Bright Lights, Big Ass: A Self-Indulgent, Surly Ex-Sorority Girl's Guide to Why It Often Sucks In the City, or Who Are These Idiots and Why Do They Live Next Door to Me?

I KNOW! Sounds hilarious, right? And although I haven't read either (YET), I feel confident in recommending both judging solely on the hilarity of her blog. So go buy them now, and read them both before May when her third book, "Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Find Out if Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big, or Why Pie is Not the Answer," will be released.

(Hey, T! Now maybe you can give up on your obsession with that Celiac Disease blog! ;)

No comments: