5.07.2008

Who are the people in your neigh-bor-hoood?

Any one else have that Sesame Street song stuck in their head now? Good. Mission accomplished.

Anyway, living in the Fremont neighborhood of Seattle -- which, for any non Seattle-based readers out there, is known for its eccentricity -- I've become accustomed to and friendly with the unusual characters. I say hello to the bongo guy every morning and nod to the rock-stacking guy when I pass by...and anyone who spends any time in Fremont probably knows who I'm talking about and does the same.

But yesterday, on my way home from the bus stop, I saw something so unusual for Fremont that I literally had to do a double take... I saw a guy in a three-piece suit.

Sure, Fremont is home to Google and Adobe offices, as well as a couple other smaller office parks, but the free-spirited and artsy vibe to the community just doesn't lend itself well to formal business attire. It was weird, but weird in a most-normal-but-at-the-same-time-out-of-place way.

What's the most-normal-but-at-the-same-time-out-of-place thing you've seen in your 'hood?

No comments: